Mika Laulainen is a freelance director based out of Vancouver, BC. She is a graduate of the University of Victoria’s Theatre program with a specialization in directing. She is also a playwright, producer, and puppeteer. Her passion is theatre that can change the world.
For star star, Mika has directed Kolejka, Pornography, A-Grade, the workshop of WILD/SOCIETY, and Sea of Green. She is the writer of WILD/SOCIETY, two lady plays meant to be performed back to back, about fancy animals and environmental activism. She was a co-creator and co-curator of This Might Feel Like Home. She worked on Where Have All The Lightning Bugs Gone? as a producer and as an actor. She has produced for star star since 2012.
Learn more about this girl at mikalaulainen.com
We love working with new folks and return pals!
We’ve worked on multiple star star productions with these amazing artists:
- Randi Edmundson – Randi created the concept for Kolejka and headed the team as producer and puppeteer. She was an actor in star star theatre’s productions of Pornography, A-Grade, and This Might Feel Like Home. She produced for Pornography and A-Grade, and did the costumes for A-Grade as well.
- Nico Dicecco – Precious Little (SM), Sticks + Bones (performer), WILD/SOCIETY (SM)
- Stephanie Elgersma – Kolejka (performer), Pornography (performer)
- Jessica Fainstein – Logo Design, A-Grade (poster), This Might Feel Like Home (poster)
- Noah Ferguson – A-Grade (photography), PARTY PARTY 1+2 (photography)
- Andy Garland – A-Grade (playwright), Sea of Green (playwright)
- Jordan Jenkins – WHATLBG? (performer), Sea of Green (performer)
- Pippa Johnstone – WILD/SOCIETY (SM), Sea of Green (performer)
- Julie Leung – Pornography (performer), WILD/SOCIETY (workshop performer)
- Melissa Oei – WILD/SOCIETY (performer), Pornography (performer)
- Spencer Powell – Sea of Green (poster), Paper Dreams (poster)
- Jared Raschke – Precious Little (set, lights), Kolejka (performer, set, lights), Pornography (set, lights), A-Grade (set, lights)